Building A Healthy Self-Esteem
Building A Healthy Self-Esteem
By: Ashley Marie Lazaroo
Self-esteem is something
everyone needs. It is something that gives you confidence in yourself,
something that makes you believe in yourself. I for one had really low
self-esteem at one point in my life. I thought I had no purpose here on Earth.
Well I’m going to tell you how I boosted my self-esteem and how it helped me
and how it can help you as well.
Firstly, I needed to discover myself.
I had to find my true-self. Each one of us has a talent. You may not know it at
first but you will find it for sure. Based on my experience, there was a point
in my life where I thought I had no talent at all, I would always try and
search and find what my talent was. But then it hit me, that my talent will
come naturally, I can’t force it.
Secondly, I listed my strengths down. Your
strengths are something that will help boost the confidence you have in you.
Once you know your strengths, you will see that you’re much more than you think
you are. Moreover, I realized I shouldn’t compare myself to others. I used to
do that on a daily basis and it used to bring me down a lot. Many people do
that and they tell themselves that they’re not as great as that other person.
But then I realized that everyone is special in their own ways. Well guess
what, you are great and you are you. There’s only one of you and you should
embrace it.
Next, having a positive
attitude. Stop overthinking! I used to overthink about so many things. Even the
littlest of things I would make it a big problem. I would get so worried and I
wouldn’t know how to control it but now I know that the only way to control it
is to not overthink the problem. Over thinking leads into anxiety and that
leads into negative thinking. I shouldn’t have looked down on myself. If you
have a positive mind, your self-esteem will surely increase. Besides that, you
should try self-improvement. Try and improve the things that you think you
should improve about yourself. Not physically but mentally. Try and improve all
the bad habits you have or all the negative thinking.
Knowing that no one is perfect
is another way I build a healthy self-esteem. Know that everyone has their
imperfections and no one can be perfect. I thought that I had to be someone
great in order to be a perfect human being. But the truth is that no one is
perfect. In addition to that, I took risks that I thought I could never do.
Don’t be afraid. I kept telling myself “you won’t know it till you try it”.
Taking risks actually helped me to build up my confidence. It allowed me to
discover my strengths.
I also tried waking up happy.
Waking up knowing that there is so much love in the world. Thinking about all
the great things around me Such as my parents, my friends, the beautiful
flowers, and so much more. Having a balanced life helps a lot in building a
healthy self-esteem. I tried and spread my activities out. Don’t live a rushed
life. Make a schedule to help you.
Not only that, I learnt not to
hate myself. I realized that I should love myself and treat myself right.
Hating yourself will only hurt you. Moreover, I reviewed my progress, looked
back on how I did. Set goals for myself. Once I achieved those goals, I felt so
much better about myself. Not only that, I discovered my strength and hidden
talents along the way.
In addition to that, knowing
that many people love me helped a lot. Many people nowadays think they’re
unloved. But little do they know, that there is always that one person who
loves them no matter what. They just don’t know it. Last but not least, many
people think that they were put on this Earth for no reason. Everyone has a
reason to be here on Earth. That reason is, you have been put here to be you
because no one else can be you.
In conclusion, building a
healthy self-esteem made me a better person. It taught me and showed me that I
am beautiful inside and out. Don’t let anyone put you down. But most
importantly, don’t put yourself down. Lift your head high and know who you are
and that you are you.
Comments
Post a Comment